Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pitbull Again

We got to experiment with QuarkXPress with this project. We had to make a poster advertising a CD release party for the same artist we featured in our PowerPoint presentation. For me, that artist was Pitbull.

I think the aspect of this poster that worked the best was the title, "Pitbull." I liked the font that I used, Impact, and I'm glad that I made it really large and yellow. I think it really grabs people's attention, which is what a poster is supposed to do.

My least favorite part of this poster is probably the pink burst that I placed at the bottom. I think it's a really cool idea, but for some reason it just did not seem to work that well. It seems almost out of place, and doesn't seem to fit with the poster's overall theme. However, it was a useful addition because it's attention grabbing.

The most difficult aspect of this project was just finding fonts, colors, and layouts that worked well together. I had a really hard time combining all of the elements into one fluid project, and it took me a long time to actually accomplish it. I think after some experimentation with the poster, however, I was able to achieve a poster with text and pictures that complemented each other.

My favorite part of this poster is the overlapping effect of the"@ RWU" on top of the "Pitbull" title. I love how QuarkXPress allows us to do a lot of layering, and I think that I took good advantage of this effect.

If I had more time, I would have worked more with the design, especially with shapes. I need a lot more practice with QuarkXPress, but I would have really liked to incorporate more artistic aspects into the poster. I hope to work with this program more often and improve my technical abilities, especially in regards to executing designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment